Tuesday, May 21, 2013

A visit to the zoo...Part 2!



In the words of Nobuyoshi Araki - "Photography is about a single point of a moment. It's like stopping time as everything happens in that forced instant. But if you keep creating these points, they form a line which reflects your life."Just the simplicity of his words and the powerful meaning behind it, makes me surmise if anyone could have ever put that feeling into better words but him! A true photographer's lifeline can be perfectly summarised in those 3 sentences. 


We all know they are TALL, but you only realise it for REAL when you get to meet one! In this pic it feels like the Giraffe actually bent it's neck a l'il bit to fit into my frame...:)


At this point in time, I have no idea how much of an impact the "Art of a perfect click" would have on my life leave alone the breathful significance it has already imprinted within me. Why? Where? When? Because of whom? How much more longer? I have no answer to any of these questions - Not Yet! Time will tell.....

But till then, I try and make the most of this gift with whatever little I have, wherever I happen to go or be! So here's to continuing with my journey on one such rare opportunities I had when I visited the Sri Chamarajendra Zoological Gardens in Mysore. 


Tongue close up!!

By the way these are the first creatures you spot on entering the zoo. Magnificent yet calm in their own space. In fact, the zoo keepers tie food to tall poles, and hoist them all the way up like a flag so that it reaches the height of the Giraffe's head, making it easier for Mr. Long Neck to eat. I mean it could just be eating out of another tree as usual except that the food pole would have food at one end during Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner! (Am unfamiliar with a Giraffe's eating habits, so am just assuming that it also has 3 meals a day..;) ) 

Blue-and-Yellow Macaw (Ara ararauna)

African Grey Parrot (Psittacus erithacus)

Feels like it's actually trying to say something! So much for capturing emotions..... 

Common marmoset (Callithrix jacchus)


Ring Tailed Lemur (Lemur catta) pair- I only wish they were looking at me instead!!





I think the above 5 pictures say it all! 

Of all the creatures I was fortunate to meet this was the one that stayed back like a rock in my heart! It is said that "Photography is being awake for the very first time!". I cannot say if the "Can-you-read-my-mind?" look in the eyes of the Gorilla awoke me to it's loneliness or saddened me by it's detached behaviour. It was a huge clearing and there were loads of people trying to get a glimpse, but it was just ignorant of all the cacophany. It would stare for a second or two in our direction and then just dejectedly walk away and stare at something else. Although the park has done a good job in giving it a home away from home, this encounter made me realise, no matter where you are, even if it's in a palace of sorts, home is always where the heart is! As per the sign boards, most of the animals and birds in the park were all rescued and brought here to the zoo for want of better care! I do not know the story behind Wali but you are sure to strike an emotional chord when you meet Wali! 

Hamadryas baboon (Papio hamadryas)

Goral

Hog deer (Hyelaphus porcinus) - Babies I think!

Hippity Hippo time..They are one big happy family!

One-horned Rhino

Marsh Crocadile aka Mugger- Face time!

Indian grey wolf (Pic 2) - It's all about the look honey!!

Sambar (Pic 2)- Close up!

Rainbow Lorikeet (Trichoglossus haematodus)

Young Kangaroo...

Lion and lioness (Pic 2) - This time she looked (almost) in my direction...

Bonus click : Little Egret - Looking meek!


8 comments:

  1. सुन्दर तस्वीरें!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice, super duper pictures. brilliant catch

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely collection. What did you do to get the Giraffe stick out its tongue at you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a ton!!! He he..I winked at and it responded in Giraffe fashion I guess.:P
      Or should I just say lucky timing? :D

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...