Friday, March 7, 2014

Small is the new big 'dans mon jardin'...:)

The Pink Trumpet Vine (Podranea Ricasoliana) flower in my terrace garden, plays a patient host  to a  number of insects that buzz in and out of its flowers all through the day. You'll mostly find 3 different kinds of flies - one with yellow stripes, another fat one with a bluish hue to it and another really tiny black one that easily manages to find refuge inside the trumpet like shelter of the Vine Flower. In addition, you may come across a few beetle like bugs, occasional honey bees  and if you are lucky, hidden just beneath the leaves, a Praying Mantis too! Its just fascinating to watch these tiny fellas going about their way. Its only when I decided to capture them, I realised that this is the kind of stuff, that really tests your patience! The insects constantly fly in and out of the flowers, each outstretched branch having at least 10-15 pale pink bell-shaped flowers, some still buds, some half in bloom. Sometimes, when you manage to get the perfect focus and just sit waiting for one of them to fly into your frame, lose patience in between and try to move your tripod as stealthily as you can to that other branch, that they are currently lurking in, also happens to be the exact moment that they decide to take off and land in that frame you had perfectly focused a few seconds ago! Then you go - 'Damn, If only I could have been a little more patient!' Nevertheless, your efforts do pay off after some knee wrecking, spine bending sitting/kneeling/ towering positions!!! My perfect shot is yet to be captured but here are a few that came close to my vision...:)


Just for a second..;)
Praying Mantis - Lost in thought..
Cute fly - Upside down..!
Praying Mantis - Keep clickin'..I'll pose as long as you want!
Cute out-of-focus fly : "I don't have to be the object of your focus
 all the time...!"

Pink Trumpet Vine (Podranea Ricasoliana)

Bonus click - I'm pink too! Click me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...